Friday, December 12, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
The past few weeks have been busy, yet very fulfilling. Here are some recent accomplishments that I am very proud of.
Accomplishment List (I have many updates!)
1. Finals started today!
2. Recently, I was awarded a faculty research grant from my university to extend my research on African American Undergraduate College Students and HBCUs.
3. I found out that my dissertation was selected as "Dissertation of the Year" by a state association.
4. Our conference proposal was accepted by the Gulf-South Summit on Service-Learning and Civic Engagement, which will be held in Baton Rouge.
5. I will present with an undergraduate student at the Southwestern Black Student Leadership Conference in January.
6. I attended the National Communication Conference in San Diego for the first time!
7. Distributed Christmas gifts to department colleagues and the wonderful women on the second floor of our office building.
I need to:
1. Update my vita and portfolio.
2. Submit another conference proposal that is due by Dec. 31st.
3. Contact participants in the grant-funded study.
4. Write a couple of papers in the next few weeks.
5. Administer three finals.
6. Contact colleagues from the National Communication Conference.
7. Send Christmas cards to mentors.
8. Wrap my family members' presents!
9. Update the TACUSPA blog.
Is there anything else that I should apply/submit a proposal for? Upcoming Grants? Fellowships? Conference Proposals? Let me know!
*By the way, I absolutely LOVE the "Knock Knock"/"Ding Dong" chain (i.e. - to do list picture). Instead of using a legal pad (which I used for the past 15 years - former high school debater), I use items from the "Knock Knock"/"Ding Dong" chain. This chain is usually available at TJMaxx or Office Max.